2010/08/02

unsolicited self-review

I think I am falling apart with distractions of all kinds.   Need a self-review so as to refocus. 

  1. Job – i’m the kind of people who don’t know what they want and only know what they don’t want.  well at least I’m not doing the same job this time last year.  it is good then.  but I just can’t remember the latest numbers and don’t have a consistent and powerful view.   numbers keep changing all the time and I always hate following people/things that keep changing.  I’m too Buddhist to care about these insignificant changes – we are all gonna die anyway. However, in the spirit of professionalism, I need to try harder to remember all this stuff.  (or actually others don’t remember/know either?  they are just better at bluffing? – then i’m too nerdy or too honest to bullshit like them.)
  2. Writing – I despise myself for not writing real stuff (except for the short complaints/comments).  I enjoyed writing a book review or thoughts from my trips.  If this is the kind of work i like to do, why the heck haven’t i done it? 
  3. Hanging out –  Food is better in Shanghai than HK.  I don’t like Cantonese cuisine/dim-sum/bbq meats.  To be fair, I don’t like Shanghai cuisine, either.   i love the variety of food in shanghai.  of course the idea of gluttony makes me sick and  it certainly matters more who you eat with.   you know, after all, my favorite comfort food is the frozen dumplings with jiang wenli on the package as well as wufangzhai’s zongzi.   glad that we have been to many cool/cultural places and events – not just eating/drinking places.  the consequence is that i get more photos to take care of.
  4. Guitar – so now I have the guitar, the book and DVD.  Someone said he will teach me to get started.  He had better do so asap, and etc. etc…
  5. Photography-  I have so many pictures to review/delete, organize, photoshop, select and upload.  This weighs very heavily on me.  this is OCD.
  6. Reading – currently I have 11 books in the “reading” category per my douban profile.  I must not start a new book before the number goes back to 5.  I have yet to finish reading the photography book.
  7. Movies – I have finished seeing a lot and now there are more on my to-see-list.  Need the content provider.
  8. Workout – doing ok.  Swimming, Biking and jogging.  Plus walking home and walking around.  should resume badminton. 
  9. Family – I spend time with family.  Happy.  Grandma just had her 90th birthday.  she is like a child.
  10. China driver license – well I have done nothing yet.  And my US DR has expired.  Well after it gets renewed maybe I will give the China one some effort.   (voice-over -- Q: why do you need a DR?  Do you have access to a car?  A: I have a bike, haha).

This is related to http://myexistence.blogspot.com/2010/02/222010.html (回顾:全力发展第三产业)

last but not the least:  i realize that i have been the same person drawn to the same kind of stuff all the time.  it is good to know that i am at least somewhat consistent.  i almost believed the crap that sagittarius’ heart does not stay in one place for very long.  a trip to new orleans alone where i observe/interact with strangers allowed me to see more of the world and gave me space to reflect and know myself better.   of course the casual enlightenment on that evening in philly may have helped, too.  i came back a more peaceful person and i just need to have more courage.

4 条评论:

dorieee the planner 说...

Dear Huan,

Hope you're well. We spoke back in June. I'm writing to you to confirm that a publisher is publishing my article next month or in October.

You have kindly provided your permission for me to use your photos of Shanghai Rockbund Museum but your flikr site does not allow photo download. Would it be possible if you could remove the restriction?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,
Chris
dorieee@gmail.com

nano2giga 说...

The world is infinity and endlessness including photography, movies, books and writing. I would suggest you doing less and enjoying more. Sagittarius is good and we need to go beyond ourselves.

匿名 说...

Can I clone your article to my blog? Thank you…

Huan! 说...

"clone"? why? where?