2010/07/22

guitar is not a guitar

Well, at least i made some effort and borrowed the vintage guitar from Tian.  Last night i went home with the guitar, happy.  So it is now really up to me to get started.  i said, let’s do a band sometime, haha.

A guitar is not a guitar.  An old man who played well (had public performance?) sold it to her father for whatever reasons.  Then the old man regretted and wanted it back. No, it was too late.  Then it got entangled with Tian’s fond memories.  And many years later, it is here.

Last month, I was in NYC briefly and saw an entire (governor’s) island’s punks playing punk rock for a whole morning.  I was in New Orleans for days enjoying music and passion by the street performers and jazz players at bars and music venues including the very lovely Preservation Hall.  I find these musicians very cool and attractive; they are so true to themselves and unpretentious.   On the other hand, successful businessmen (or who think they are) that throw in their conversation a few words every now and then on golf-playing, impressive mileage or the big deals (not necessarily theirs) – put me off. 

Too bad, the latter type takes a bigger percentage of the crowd that we encounter in our routine life.  i’m bored with topics of investment, housing price and career talk.  I am tried of small talk too – you know i know we both are not interested.  And I’m sick of calculation on money over everything else.   Pity on you, hopeless stuck in your small mind the size of a coin.

anyway let me learn to play guitar first.  oh god, I’m so into Mansun and Placebo these days. 

2 条评论:

nano2giga 说...

You've entered a new chapter of your Life and I just like the way you treat Life.

Huan! 说...

thank you. cheers! :)